If you love thick, rich, creamy Greek yogurt but have yet to find a REALLY good dairy-free alternative, look no further. This method is the easiest (and most budget-friendly) way to enjoy vegan yogurt.
- 2 quarts soymilk plain unsweetened (see notes)
- 2 packets non-dairy yogurt starter
- Pour cartons of soymilk into InstantPot.
- Whisk in yogurt starter.
- Press YOGURT setting.
- Use "+" button to set yogurt for 15 hours. Set sealing valve to “Release”.
- When finished, gently pour yogurt into a cheesecloth-lined colander, placed on top of an 8-cup measuring cup.
- Strain 1-2 hours or until 3-4 cups of whey have strained into the measuring cup.
- Reserve whey for other uses (see notes).
- Blend yogurt curds with an immersion blender until smooth. Recipe yields a scant quart of yogurt.
- Only purchase soy milk made with 2 ingredients: soybeans & water. EdenSoy & WestSoy are two good brands. If you'd rather have yogurt made with a milk other than soy (i.e. coconut, etc.), simply blend in 1/8 tsp amounts of xanthan gum until the finished yogurt has reached desired consistency.
- SAVE THE WHEY!
- The liquid leftover from straining soy yogurt can be used to add probiotics to your smoothies in addition to butter and cheese-making. Try this easy Vegan Goat Cheese recipe with yours!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.