A savory vegan take on a traditional French clafoutis made with ZeroEgg, a revolutionary plant-based egg substitute.
- 1 and 1/2 cup vegan egg
- 40 cl plant milk
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp organic white miso
- 2 tsp black salt
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 and 1/2 tsp of espelette pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic granule
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- 32 cherry tomatoes halved
- 160 g vegan chèvre cubed
- 5 oz of tomato bisque
- In a blender, blend the egg with the milk, miso and olive oil. Add the lemon juice, pepper, salt, espelette pepper and nutritional yeast. Add the flour and blend until smooth.
- Cut up the cherry tomatoes in half and the goat cheese (chèvre) in small cubes.
- Pour in buttered silicone muffin molds. Add 4 halved cherry tomatoes and two cubes of chèvre per mold. Sprinkle with thyme. Bake at 350F for 15min
- Serve warm/room temp with spicy tomato bisque on top and alfalfa sprouts.
This appetizer was served at the "Peeled" red carpet premiere. Chef Sandra partnered with ZeroEgg to create a totally vegan version of a French dish that's traditionally egg-based. The result is a unique, savory bite your dinner guests will love before the main event.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.