Vegan Spicy Mayo is creamy with a kick! A must have in every plant based kitchen when searching for a more wholesome alternative to store bought mayo. Use on sandwiches, sushi or your next buddha bowl or salad!
I make this recipe frequently. If you know me, or you’ve been browsing the blog long enough, you’ll know I’m a condiment FIEND. In my world no meal is complete without toppings. I have a love/hate relationship with mayo. I LOVE how delicious it is and how it’s the absolute perfect topping for that summer tomato toast and SO yummy with the spicy version drizzled all over sushi rolls or okonomiyaki (Japanese pancakes). 🤤 and I’m sure you can all guess why I hate it… I hate that I don’t hate it 🥴🤣 Anyway, in my experience of loving mayo, but also kinda caring about my health I’ve made many different versions of vegan mayo & spicy mayo. This is the version I always come back to. It’s creamy, spicy, slightly tangy and the perfect, whole-food, plant-based swap for the traditional version! Lower fat but still all the finger licking goodness. And since I love to incorporate it into many things I eat and often refer to it in lots of my recipes here we go! 🌶
- ⅓ cup raw cashews soaked overnight or boiled for 10 minutes
- 12.3 oz silken tofu 349g boxed, water packed variety not recommended
- 1½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½-2 tablespoons sriracha add and adjust at the end to desired level of spice
- 1. Add soaked and drained cashews to a bullet-style blender with all other ingredients, except for sriracha. Blend until smooth and creamy, pushing down sides if needed.
- 2. Add sriracha to mayo mixture, ½ tablespoon at a time until you achieve your desired spice level.
- 3. Enjoy! Store in a sealed jar or container for 5-7 days
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.