A rich, creamy, decadent cashew sauce made with fresh basil pesto for quick weeknight meals.
- 6 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups cashews, soaked*
- 1/4 cup miso
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1.5 tsp salt
- juice of 1 lemon or 1/4 cup bottled
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2-1 cup Vegan Pesto
Optional Pasta Topping
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- fresh basil, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- pine nuts, toasted
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender (i.e. VitaMix)
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a large sauce pan and cook on medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, until thick and bubbling.
- Remove from heat and serve over pasta** with optional pasta topping.
*If using a VitaMix or other high-speed blender, there's no need to pre-soak cashews. **Use your favorite chickpea or lentil pasta for a high-protein, whole food meal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.