These Vegan Chicken Burgers utilize TVP and are perfect for any gathering!
- 3 cups Hot water with (1 non-chicken cube)
- 3 cups TVP Granules
- 2 flax seed eggs (1 tbsp ground flax to 3 tbsp water)
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- A few leaves of fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 tbsp Oil for frying
- 6 Burger buns
- Add the dried TVP to the non-chicken stock in a large bowl. If necessary, you can add a little more water to make sure they're completely submerged. Put in a bowl and let sit for at least 15 minutes, or until soft. You may need to stir them occasionally to keep the TVP submerged and prevent them from floating to the top of the liquid.
- Drain the liquid from the TVP, collecting a small amount of it in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the TVP in a separate mixing bowl (not including the oil). Mix thoroughly with about a tablespoon of the soaking liquid.
- In a small frying pan, heat a small amount of oil. Form a burger out of a handful of the TVP mixture. I had to exert a lot of force to hold it together. To make the six burgers, I cooked three at a time in the pan, so I ended up with six total. A few minutes on each side over medium heat should be enough to crisp up the patties.
- Serve in buns with desired fixings and sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only 100% vegan cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles and to get VIP tickets to our Worldwide Premiere on Sept. 24th, 2022! Our exclusive red carpet premiere event will be held in the prestigious Directors Guild of America Theater in Hollywood, CA. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.