Did someone say vegan cookout? These Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers are the perfect twist on a cookout classic!
- 1 Medium Sweet White Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 7-8 Large Mushrooms I use chestnut or shiitake
- 3/4 Cup Organic and/OR Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Organic Walnuts
- 3/4 Can Organic Black Beans
- 1 Flax Egg 2 tablespoons coarse ground flax to 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tbsp Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Liquid Smoke
- 1 tsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Salt Can sub with Pink Himalayan
- 1 Can Organic Pineapple Rings
- 1 tsp Soy sauce Can sub with liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar or Coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp Oil of your choice for frying I prefer coconut oil for this recipe!
- 1. Load up your food processor with the walnuts, chopped onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Pulse until you have an evenly chopped mixture.
- 2. Heat a saute pan over medium-high heat and add a teaspoon of oil. Transfer the mushroom walnut mixture to the pan, and fry, while stirring, for 7-9 minutes. While that’s cooking, grind the black beans in the food processor until they are coarsely chopped.
- 3. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool for several minutes before stirring in the bread crumbs, the chopped black beans, the Worcestershire, liquid smoke, hoisin sauce, black salt and the flax egg. Mix well to combine, and chill the burger mixture for 30 minutes to an hour.
- 4. Divide the mixture into six portions, and form into patties. You might need to wet your hands for this part so the mixture doesn’t stick to your hands.
- 5. Take pineapple rings out of the can. Mix sugar, soy and teriyaki together and dip pineapple in mixture, make sure both sides are saturated and set on a plate for grilling. Grill on each side for 3- 4 minutes.
- 6. Add a drizzle of oil to a large nonstick or cast-iron pan, and heat on medium. Alternatively, grill at 375. Brush patties with teriyaki sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes on one side, then flip them and cook for another 3-4 minutes on either a grill or skillet.
- 7. Dress up your bun of choice with whatever toppings you desire, and enjoy!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only 100% vegan cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles and to get VIP tickets to our Worldwide Premiere on Sept. 24th, 2022! Our exclusive red carpet premiere event will be held in the prestigious Directors Guild of America Theater in Hollywood, CA. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.