This is a no-bake vegan Cheesecake recipe that uses Tahini in its crust, filling and topping, as Tahini is a healthier nut butter compared to other nut butters and is a versatile ingredient that can be used in both sweet and savory dishes and in different ways. It is a satisfying recipe that can be easily modified using different ingredients and different toppings. Instagram: @sher.91
Cheesecakes have always been nostalgic to me. I remember eating a lot of it when I was young. But being heavily dairy-based has made it hard for me to fulfill this savory/tart/sweet combination when it comes to desserts. As I've discovered cashew-based cheesecakes, they became my favorite as it was satisfying to recreate the flavors I grew up liking, by using plant-based ingredients. I decided to use Tahini in this recipe as it's a common ingredient used in my Lebanese culture and when combined with caramel, it gives it this perfect addition that you didn't know you needed.
- 1 package 250 g about 1½ cups Biscoff Cookies
- 6 Tbsp melted Vegan Butter
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- 7 oz soaked Cashews
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- ½ cup Tahini
- ½ silken Tofu block
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1½ Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Coconut Milk full-fat can
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Oat milk or any plant milk
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
Fig Caramel drizzle:
- ¼ cup Fig Jam
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Sesame snaps optional
- 1. Mix the Biscoff cookies with the melted vegan butter and Tahini in a food processor until well blended then place the crust mixture in a pan lined with a baking sheet.
- 2. Add all the filling ingredients together in the food processor and mix until well blended and smooth then pour the mixture on top of the crust and place in the freezer while preparing the caramel pudding mixture.
- 3. Boil half of the coconut milk with the sugar on the stovetop then switch to medium heat while stirring constantly until darker color.
- 4. Pour the oat milk with the corn starch and the remaining of the coconut milk into another pan on medium heat while stirring until well dissolved, then add the mixture to the coconut milk and sugar mixture while stirring constantly.
- 5. Turn off the heat and add the Tahini, vanilla and salt while stirring until thicker consistency before adding the mixture on top of the filling and placing it in the freezer for about 6 hours or overnight.
- 6. Make the fig caramel drizzle by heating all the ingredients on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 7. Serve with the fig caramel drizzle on top and add sesame snaps for garnishing.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.