These pulled jackfruit sliders are the perfect vegan entree for your vegan-friendly Super Bowl or any party!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups jackfruit fresh canned
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup vegan bbq sauce
- 6 buns
- vegan coleslaw
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan or Dutch oven.
- Add the onions and garlic, and cook until translucent.
- Add the jackfruit, spices, Worcestershire, and liquid smoke. Stir to coat evenly.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 45 minutes, until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the fruit has broken down.
- Spread the jackfruit on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 75 minutes, until the liquid has baked out and the jackfruit has a deeper brown color.
- Pour the vegan barbecue sauce over the jackfruit.
- Mix and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm on vegan buns with vegan coleslaw.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only 100% vegan cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles and to get VIP tickets to our Worldwide Premiere on Sept. 24th, 2022! Our exclusive red carpet premiere event will be held in the prestigious Directors Guild of America Theater in Hollywood, CA. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.