A healthy and delicious dish consisting of all the good stuff including butternut squash, quinoa, and kale!
I love a nice healthy meal during the holidays and post holidays. This meal combines so many amazing and healthy foods in one big butternut squash bowl!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 seeded pomegranate yields about 1 ¼ cups
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa any variety I used white
- 4 cups fresh kale chopped
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth/stock
- 1 cup walnuts/pecans chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tsps fresh rosemary
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1) Preheat oven to 375⁰F.
- 2) Wash the squash cut them in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds.
- 3) Arrange your butternut squash on a lined baking sheet and coat both sides with a tablespoon with olive oil
- 3) Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a teaspoon of fresh chopped rosemary. Cook for 1 to 1.5 hours
- 4) In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of vegetable broth with ½ cup of orange juice. Add in 1 tsp. of salt and 1 tsp. of fresh chopped rosemary and bring to a boil.
- 5)Add in 1 cup of quinoa.
- 6) Reduce heat, cover, and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- 7) After 10 minutes when quinoa begins to get puffy stir quinoa and add in chopped kale.
- 8)Remove from heat, and let the kale and quinoa sit for 5 to 10 minutes for the kale to steam and the quinoa to absorb more liquid.
- 9) Meanwhile, take the squash halves out of the oven, let it cool slightly, then scoop out the insides with a spoon and into a bowl. leave about an inch of squash around the edge of the skins. You want the squash to be sturdy enough for a bowl.
- 10) Cut up the squash in the bowl into little pieces.
- 11) Add the squash and pomegranate to the pot with the kale and quinoa.
- 12) Then, add in the garlic, chopped walnuts, garlic powder, and a teaspoon of rosemary.
- 12)Mix it all up and taste test. Salt if needed.
- 13) Stuff the squashes with the mixture and top with a 1/2 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only 100% vegan cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles and to get VIP tickets to our Worldwide Premiere on Sept. 24th, 2022! Our exclusive red carpet premiere event will be held in the prestigious Directors Guild of America Theater in Hollywood, CA. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.