- 1/2 lb oyster mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil Only used if pan frying
- 1/2 small apple or pear I use gala (no need to peel)
- 1/2 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar may sub other sugar of choice
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp sriracha leave out to omit spiciness
Quick Pickled Veggies
- 1 1/2 cup grated carrot about 1 medium
- 1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 serrano or jalapeno, thinly sliced optional
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cooked short grain rice (about 1 cup dry) or grain of choice
- Vegan Spicy Mayo* see note
- thinly sliced green onions
Prepare Quick Pickle
- In a jar or container with a lid, add all ingredients listed. Put the lid on, give it a good shake to get it all combined and set aside for serving. (Give it a little shake every once in a while, while you prep the mushrooms)
Oyster Mushroom Bulgogi
- Make the Marinade- Add all the Marinade ingredients into a bullet style blender and blend until fully combined.
- Prepare your Oyster Mushrooms- Cut off the little, if any, tough stem at the base of your mushrooms. Use your hands to gently tear the mushrooms into strips.
- Place prepared mushrooms into a bowl or container and pour marinade over top. Mix to cover all mushrooms. Cook immediately or let sit for up to 20 minutes. (Avoid marinating for too long as mushrooms act like a sponge and will have a harder time becoming crispy)
Cooking the Mushrooms
- Air Fryer – Set air fried for 370°F. Place marinated mushrooms into air fryer basket in one layer, avoiding overlap. Air fry for 5-7 minutes. (If mushrooms are large, or basket is crowded, you may need to flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes)
- Oven – Set oven to 425°F. Place marinated mushrooms on a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet in one layer, avoiding overlap. Bake for 8-12 minutes, until bottom begins to crisp. Flip mushrooms and bake another 10-12 minutes.
- Pan Fry – Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat in large skillet. Place mushrooms in an even layer, allow to cook, undisturbed, for about 4-5 minutes. Flip when they begin to brown and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- When done, edges of mushrooms should be crisp and browned. Enjoy as is or continue below to assemble into a meal!
Assemble your Bulgogi Bowl
- Between two serving bowls, divide cooked rice, (drained) pickled veggies and Oyster Mushroom Bulgogi, drizzle with Spicy Vegan Mayo* and sliced green onions! Enjoy!
*Spicy Vegan Mayo Notes- Follow the recipe linked here to make your own easy & healthy Spicy Mayo. For an even simpler solution, simply mix together 3 tbsp vegan mayo, 1-2 tbsp rice wine vinegar and sriracha to taste.Storage– This meal is best served fresh. If you somehow manage to have left over Mushrooms, simply toss them in the air fryer for 2 minutes at 400 degrees to give them a quick refresher https://samcookskindness.com/oyster-mushroom-bulgogi-bowls/
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVEDCONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.