This is the vegan crab cake recipe you've been looking for. These Lions Mane Mushroom Crab Cakes will have your loved ones questioning their diet after just one bite!
- "CRAB" CAKES
- 8 oz Lions Mane Mushrooms
- 1 Flax Egg or JustEgg
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free Panko Crumbs
- 1/4 cup Shallot minced
- 1 tbsp Just Mayo
- 1 tsp Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil To fry crabcakes or put them on the grill. If using a grill, use a grill mat.
- 1 lemon Cut wedges for garnish!
- TARTAR SAUCE
- 1/4 cup Just Mayo
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dill Pickle Relish
- 1/4 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1. Make your flax egg, set to the side (about 5-10 minutes until it starts to thicken).
- 2. Hand shred Lions Mane Mushrooms into small pieces that look similar to a flakey crab consistency.
- 3. In large bowl, combine flax egg, mayo, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay Seasoning, Dijon Mustard, Parsley, salt and pepper. Mix until fully incorporated.
- 4. Mix in Lions Mane mushrooms, then mix in your Panko breadcrumbs. This mixture will make about 3-4 equal sized round, flat Patties (about ½-3/4 inch thick). Make your tartar sauce (mix all ingredients together and put in fridge until ready to serve).
- 5. Heat oil in sauté pan (or heat up your grill and place your grill mats). Cook patties for about 2-3 minutes per side (until they are golden brown and cooked all the way through). Add your garnish of lemon wedges, squeeze on top and enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only 100% vegan cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles and to get VIP tickets to our Worldwide Premiere on Sept. 24th, 2022! Our exclusive red carpet premiere event will be held in the prestigious Directors Guild of America Theater in Hollywood, CA. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.