This chili is my go-to meal for car camping. You can prep for the meal ahead of time by chopping up all the veggies and heating everything together before serving. You can even add plant-based meat to tie everything together with an even heartier taste.
- 1 Tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 medium green bell pepper stem removed, diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper stem removed, diced
- 1 medium orange bell pepper stem removed, diced
- 1 (16 oz) can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) can of red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 oz) can of pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 packet of chili mix*
- 1 (16 oz) jar of mild salsa
- 2 cups water use the salsa jar
- Add the beans, corn, and chili mix. Cook for about 5 minutes until everything is coated and the spices smell fragrant.
- Add the salsa. Fill the salsa jar with water and shake to release any last bits of salsa. Add to the pot.
- Bring to boiling. Boil for 3 minutes. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and serve. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Top your chili with vegan shredded cheese, avocado, vegan sour cream, or tortilla chips, and then serve.
Adding plant-based meat: To add plant-based meat, sauté 1 cup of plant-based meat crumbles in the oil until browned. Add in the plant-based meat while simmering all the rest of the ingredients in the pot. *Make your own chili mix: Combine 2 tsp. chili powder, 2 tsp of garlic powder, 2 tsp. Cumin, 1 tsp of onion powder.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.