The perfect addition to your vegan holiday feast! Pastry crust is crisp and crumbly, while macaroni and cheese fill it. From the crust to the gooey, cheesy mac & cheese inside, this dairy-free version is spot on. Because of the uniqueness of the way these ingredients blend together, you’ll likely be dumbfounded when you take your first mouthful into this dish. When making this recipe, you may either make a giant pie or several smaller ones if you want to serve it as an appetizer.
- 1 Package 8 ½ oz of cornbread mix
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 3 Flax Eggs flax eggs 2 tbsp water and 2 tbsp flax seed
- 1/2 Jalapeno jalapeno diced optional
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 package elbow macaroni
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 white onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp veg bouillon
- 2 carrots
- 1 cup cheddar vegan cheese of choice optional
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Start with your crust- mix all ingredients together and press onto pie or tart pan.
- Mix all ingredients together and press onto pie or tart pan. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes (until cooked through). Tip: Add foil on top of the crust and press down, this will prevent from rising and will ensure the crust does not burn.
- Boil all of your veggies until soft- transfer to a high speed blender- add all of the spices and mix together, set aside.
- Now boil your pasta until halfway cooked. Mix together pasta and sauce then transfer to pre-made cornbread crust.
- Sprinkle vegan cheese on the top if you are using and then add your bread crumbs.
- Put back in a preheated oven at 375 for 15 minutes, checking to ensure your bread crumbs are not burning- cover with foil if the crust starts to overbrown. Serve with hot sauce and a side of collard greens! Enjoy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.