DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Lab-grown Meat Market by Type, Distribution Channel, Application – Global Forecast to 2035” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The lab-grown meat market is projected to reach $1.99 billion by 2035, at a CAGR of 24.1% from 2025-2035.
This market is characterized by more diversified operations, which offer healthy products, mainly due to rising health consciousness and consumer preference for sustainable food.
The high growth of the lab-grown meat market is mainly attributed to the technological advancements in the production of lab-grown meat, increasing venture investments in the industry, growing focus on animal welfare, and the increasing demand for animal-based processed food products and allergen-free foods.
However, high demand for plant-based protein, a lack of a standardized regulatory framework for lab-grown meat, psychological barriers to consuming lab-grown meat as food, and the growing vegan population are expected to restrain the growth of this market to a certain extent in the near future.
Based on type, in 2025, the beef segment is expected to account for the largest share of the lab-grown meat market. The growing demand for beef as a major source of protein, increasing awareness of protein consumption through high-nutritional food, and the growing preference for beef over other types of meat owing to various diseases associated with poultry and pork are the key factors contributing to the dominant position of this segment.
Based on distribution channel, in 2025, the business-to-business segment is expected to register the largest share of the lab-grown meat market. The key factors attributed to the large market share of this segment are the growing demand for meat-based products from foodservice industries and the approvals received by restaurants to sell lab-grown meat meals in some countries. This segment is also projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Based on application, in 2025, the nuggets segment is expected to account for the largest share of the lab-grown meat market. The large market share of this segment is attributed to the increasing adoption of on-the-go lifestyles, the growing demand for snacking products, and the increasing demand for frozen products. However, the burger patties segment is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
An in-depth geographic analysis of the industry provides detailed qualitative and quantitative insights into the five major geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa) and the coverage of major countries in each region.
North America is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The high growth rate of this regional market is mainly attributed to the rise in innovations, developments, and high spending for efficient R&D and the presence of a number of investors in the lab-grown market.
Key Questions Answered in the Report:
- What is the current value of revenue generated by the lab-grown meat market?
- At what rate is the demand for lab-grown meat projected to grow for the next 7-10 years?
- What is the historical market size and growth rate for the lab-grown meat market?
- What are the major factors impacting the growth of this market at the global and regional levels? What are the major opportunities for existing players and new entrants in the market?
- Which segments in terms of type, distribution channel, and application create major traction for the manufacturers in this market?
- What are the key geographical trends in this market? Which regions/countries are expected to offer significant growth opportunities for the manufacturers operating in the lab-grown meat market?
- Who are the major players in the lab-grown meat market? What are their specific product offerings in this market?
- What recent developments have taken place in the lab-grown meat market? What impacts have these strategic developments made on the market?
- Technological Advancements in Production
- Increasing Venture Investments in the Industry
- Growing Focus on Animal Welfare
- Rising Demand for Animal-Based Processed Food Products
- Increasing Demand for Allergen-Free Foods
- High Demand for Plant-Based Protein
- Lack of A Standardized Regulatory Framework for Lab-Grown Meat
- Psychological Barriers to Consuming Lab-Grown Meat As Food
- Growing Vegan Population
- Rising Demand for Alternative Proteins
- Growing Per Capita Meat Consumption
- High Production Costs
- Clean Eating
- Sustainable Foods
- European Union (EU)
- Australia–New Zealand
- Rest of the World
Company Profiles (Business Overview, Product Portfolio, and Strategic Developments)
- Aleph Farms Ltd.(Israel)
- Avant Meats Company Limited (China)
- Ants Innovate Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- BlueNalu Inc.(U.S.)
- ClearMeat (India)
- Finless Foods Inc. (U.S.)
- Future Meat Technologies Ltd. (Israel)
- Higher Steaks (U.K)
- Lab Farm Foods Inc.(U.S.)
- Meatable B.V.(Netherlands)
- Mosa Meat B.V. (Netherlands)
- MIRAI FOODS AG (Switzerland)
- Shiok Meats Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- SUPERMEAT THE ESSENCE OF MEAT LTD (Israel)
- Upside Foods Inc. (U.S.)
- Orbillion Bio Inc (U.S).
Scope of the Report:
Lab-grown Meat Market, by Type
- Other Lab-grown Meat Types
Lab-grown Meat Market, by Distribution Channel
Lab-grown Meat Market, by Application
- Burger Patties
- Hot Dogs & Sausages
- Other Applications
Lab-grown Meat Market, by Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe (RoE)
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)
- Rest of Asia-Pacific (RoAPAC)
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/20ze4
Vkind is the U.S.’s largest fully-vegan search platform and listing app. Give our search tool a whirl and find any vegan product, service, or experience you desire.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Our mission is to connect vegan and veg-curious consumers with vegan brands, businesses, and professionals—the champions of conscious innovation.
This press release originally appeared on Vwire