Dramatic in presentation while remaining deceptively simple to make? That’s my kind of cake! Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is a beloved Southern classic, widely recognized by its colloquial name: The Bomb Dot Com. Baked in a base of brown sugar and pineapple slices, which become increasingly sticky and sweet during their spa-moment in the oven, this show-stopper can be ready to invert onto a serving plate and slice within the hour. It’s sure to impress while helping you stress a little less… what could be better?
- 1/4 cup butter 1/2 stick melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 10 pineapple rings
- Maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg replacers
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp rum
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1/2-1 cup plant milk room temperature preffer
- 1-2 tsp ACV
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt butter in pie plate
- Sprinkle brown sugar on butter
- Arrange pineapple rings and cherries
- a. Cream butter and sugar
- b. Add vanilla and egg replacers
- c. Combine dry ingredients and alternate with milk folding into creamed mix
- d. Begin and end with flour and only mix until JUST incorporated
- Pour batter over prepped pan
- Bake for 30 minutes, cover with foil and bake for another 15 minutes
- Cool for 15 minutes then invert onto serving plate
- Cool for another 10 minutes before cutting
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.