Traditional Asian dumplings are made with meat, usually pork and shrimp. Using OmniPork and Beyond The Butcher Beef meat alternatives, you can now enjoy the traditional flavors you love in a plant-based way!
- 1/2 lb OmniPork Ground
- 1/2 lb Beyond The Butcher Ground
- ½ lb 1 cup red miso paste
- 1 ½ tablespoon ginger freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoon cilantro fresh chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lb napa cabbage finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 4 green onions chopped
- 5 oz shiitake mushrooms ground
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepared dumpling wrappers
- Water as needed
- Divide OminPork and Beyond The Butcher Beef into separate bowls.
- Saute cabbage and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons peanut oil until tender.
- Add minced garlic and ginger; sauté 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a strainer and allow to drain over a bowl 10-15 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add drained cabbage and combine.
- Divide cabbage mixture between OmniPork & Beyond The Butcher and thoroughly combine each. Cool completely before filling dumplings.
- Fill dumplings with 1 teaspoon filling.
- Use water to crimp and seal dumplings.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place dumplings flat-side down in a pan. Sear 2-3 minutes or until brown on one side.
- Pour 4-6 oz water over dumplings, cover, and cook until water has evaporated.
- Transfer dumplings to a warming dish. Will keep for reheating 1-2 days.
Dumpling-making is a tedious process best shared with family and friends over libations and laughter. If this is your first time making potstickers, there's a good chance your first few dumplings will be super-ugly. It's totally fine! Give yourself permission to embrace imperfection for this one because once you get the hang of it, you've got an impressive skill in your culinary arsenal to surprise and delight all you share it with. I recommend watching a couple of Asian potsticker dumpling making videos on YouTube to get the basics. The 2 most important tips are:
- Don't overfill your dumpling wrappers; use no more than 1 teaspoon of filling per wrapper.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only all vegan cast cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.