Creamy, sweet & cinnamon-y, Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal with crispy candied pecan bits is the pure essence of fall in a bowl! This breakfast is vegan, gluten free and made with simple fall-inspired ingredients.
My passion on SamCooksKindness is to share wholesome, vegan recipes for every body, that anybody can make! The creamy Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal is topped with easy Candied Pecans for a sweet crunch that will have you thinking you're eating dessert for breakfast! But don't worry, it's made of all whole foods and naturally sweetened, so we won't judge you if you choose not to share! (I've been caught licking the bowl myself a few times!)
- 1 large ripe banana* sliced
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free if needed
- ½ cup pumpkin puree may sub homemade or canned sweet potato puree
- 1¾ cups water or plant based milk
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp real maple syrup optional
- Quick Candied Pecans
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tbsp real maple syrup
- pinch sea salt
- For the Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Add all oatmeal ingredients (except for maple syrup) into a medium saucepan. Stir to combine well and place over medium-low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5-7 minutes until oats are soft.
- Taste and stir in maple syrup, 1 tbsp at a time, to desired sweetness
- Quick Candied Pecans
- Roughly chop pecans.
- Toss chopped pecans, cinnamon and maple syrup into a small skillet or sauté pan. Mix till well combined.
- Cook over medium-low heat stirring occasionally. Syrup will initially look very thin, then start to bubble. When it begins to bubble, stir constantly to avoid burning for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt if desired and give it a quick toss and then divide between two bowls of oatmeal!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
LEARN ABOUT PEELED, OUR BRAND NEW TV SHOW: VKind is making VEGAN HISTORY by introducing the first and only 100% vegan cooking competition TV show! Be sure to visit our new Peeled website for the latest news, contests, giveaways, and raffles and to get VIP tickets to our Worldwide Premiere on Sept. 24th, 2022! Our exclusive red carpet premiere event will be held in the prestigious Directors Guild of America Theater in Hollywood, CA. Visit PeeledShow.Com now to learn more!
CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: Be the first to hear about our latest Giveaways, Contests, and Raffles by following us on Instagram where all of our giveaways are featured.
WATCH & LEARN: We have so much exciting content on our YouTube channel with some amazing new shows! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our latest shows, live events, interviews, videos, news, secret giveaway contests & more!
GET FEATURED: We would love to publish & promote your delicious vegan recipes on our App, websites, and social media channels. Submit your recipes here!
ADD YOUR LISTING: Are you ready to attract customers and clients hyped on your values and what you offer? We’re all about opening up more possibilities to support small to medium-sized vegan businesses, professionals, and companies, like YOU. Add your listing now!
SUBSCRIBE FOR THE LATEST NEWS: Get exclusive access to the latest vegan businesses, events, and plant-based news hot off the press. Subscribe to our Newsletter.