These Fajita Bowls are whole-food plant-based, gluten free, loaded with protein, veggies and healthy fat, and it’s perfect for meal prep!! Simply assemble, divide and refrigerate until ready to eat!
Get ready for your new favorite easy week night meal! This Vegan Fajita Bowl is super flavorful. Sautéed peppers & onions over cilantro lime quinoa, topped with the creamiest White Bean Avocado Dip and crispy tortilla chips! Gah, I wish I had a bowl in front of me as I’m writing this. BRB. 👅
- Cilantro Lime Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa dry
- 2 cups water or low sodium vegetable broth
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves some stems okay chopped small
- ½ lime juiced
- Peppers & Onions
- 2 bell peppers color of choice
- 1 medium yellow onion sweet variety is preferable
- ⅓ cup vegetable broth or water
- 4 garlic cloves minced finely or pressed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- tortilla chips or homemade air fried strips* recipe link in notes
- White Bean Avocado Dip** recipe in notes
- chopped cilantro
- lime juice
- hot sauce of choice
Cilantro Lime Quinoa
1. In a medium sauce pan combine quinoa and vegetable broth, gently mix. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cover. Cook for 13-15 minutes until quinoa is tender and liquids is gone. Remove from heat and gently fluff with a fork.
2. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then stir in lime juice and cilantro. Set to the side until ready to serve.
"Sautéed" Peppers & Onions
1. Thinly slice peppers and onion.
2. In a large sauté pan on medium heat add peppers, onions and vegetable broth. Cook for 10 minutes stirring occasionally to prevent sticking
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Continue cooking for 5-10 minutes to desired doneness.
1. Between three bowls divide quinoa and sautéed peppers & onions. Top with White Bean Avocado Dip, tortilla strips, a squeeze of lime and any other toppings of choice! Enjoy!