Vegan Potluck in Austin Gardens – 5 min walk from Green-line!
August 6 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm GMT-0500
JOIN US FOR THIS YEAR’S FIRST VEGAN POTLUCK PICNIC IN SUBURBS!
We will gather in the South East side of Austin Gardens, which is a small park on the corner of Ontario Street and Forest Ave. in Oak Park. It’s
literally a 5 min walk from Harlem/Lake Green-line CTA train station. Look for the “ChicagoVeg” sign, which will be next to our gathering spot.
WHAT TO BRING?
• Please bring a substantial vegan, non-alcohol beverage/dish to share. It can be either your own dish (preferably) or you can buy it (Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s are both close by) as long as you know all ingredients. You are welcome to check out our past meal Recipes as well, at potlucks: http://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/boards/thread/7521957 where people shared some recipes from our previous potlucks.
• Please use the “Comment” section on the event page to let others know what you plan to bring.
• Please check what other people are bringing and specify the dish you plan to bring as you RSVP, (so all of us won’t bring a potato salad! 🙂
• You are welcome to bring a folding chair for your convenience.
• Although we will supply them, we encourage you to bring your own plates/bowls/cups/utensils (to be more eco-friendly)
• The expectation to have a great time!
NOTE 1: This is an outside event and subject to weather conditions. We will post any changes to the event page and will send an email with any changes.
NOTE 2: All attendees are expected to exercise necessary precautions due to Covid19 situation at their own discretion.
NOTE 3: Please be respectful to ChicagoVeg No Intoxicants Policy: http://www.meetup.com/ChicagoVeg/pages/No_Intoxicants_Policy
Please use the “Comments” area in the bottom of the event page to offer/ask for rides and post any questions or comments.